Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Friendly Pizzeria

Friendly Pizzeria
59 Nassau St. (Financial District)
Corner of Nassau St. and Maiden Ln.

Friendly Pizzeria has got to be the smallest pizzeria I’ve ever been to in my entire pizza-filled life. At lunchtime it was crazy hectic. Seating was limited to one table and one ledge, with a total of four chairs. People pretty much conveyor-belted through the dual entrances and went upon their merry ways. It’s a quirky spot, though, and the reggae music this guy blasts/sells right next door put me in a good mood.

AS FOR THE PIZZA: I had the fresh tomatoes/mozzarella (Napolitana) slice, which was strangely puffy and weird. Sauce sucked, crust sucked, toppings were fresh and delicious in my mouth. B-slice had the mushroom, however, which was so bad he yuked all over both of us and like 5 other closely packed customers (figuratively). The place has plenty of character and if you find a slice you like I guess it might make you feel cool to go there or something, but it didn’t do much for us.

Sauce=3
Crust=3
Cheese=5
Napolitana=3
Toppings=5
Ambience=8
Service=5


View Larger Map

No comments: